"Words and writing will last, but the thoughts of it that touched and inspired one soul will stay forever in thier hearts. I am sure they will carry it in thier own journey of LIFE.." Be blessed!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

MY INITIATION

Rushing, running, reading, I am riding in a bus going to my first initiation.. I am excited. I am ready! I cheered up myself! “Marinel, calm down, everything would be fine”I smiled. I walked confidently as I entered at Makati Stock Exchange building, where the TOPS Toastmasters family meet ups.

My adrenalin rushed, I am really pursuing not to be late in my initiation.. I entered the elevator, I am praying. "Lord, please help me”. As I entered at the Penthouse I am shocked, because I saw many guys in the room and I thought that I was in the wrong room. I hesitate to come in but I took the courage to .I was ashamed, I saw that all of them are men.

After a couple of minutes, visitors and guest came in. And Mr. President Mr. Jef Menguin started the meeting with a prayer. The team for the night is UNITED NATIONS where we need to describe and share to each other our favorite country, BAHRAIN, CHINA, 3 SWITZERLAND, ISRAEL, BRAZIL etc. are the countries being presented. The way of presenting it is as if you are at their favorite place to visit in. Amazing! As if I go through a very long travel.  After table topics lead by Ms. Jean Lim, she is the one also that who introduced me in our guest and fellow toasmasters. As she said it with her beautiful introduction that "I AM AMBASSADOR from heaven"... It is very uplifting as I stepped and stand in front of them and shared to them my “ICE BREAKER SPEECH” my whole life, I just said, I can do it and this is MY INITIATION.


Mr. Nome Gilongos
After, the speech we need to be evaluated and I just want to thank God, for Mr. Nomel Gilongos presence, who is our general evaluator for the night.I am s inspired to deliver more speech in the future as he commend me with these words from him "Your speech is, open and sincere"... at the same time I thank him for the things that I've learned that night, and the things that I need to improve on that I need to organized my speech and list only 3 of the main points, for me not to lapsed in my designated time.
Mr. Lui Banta
Ms. Jean Lim
"Inspiring, profound"
These are the words, that Mr. Lui Banta, It is my honor to be evaluated by our Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) on TOPS. I thank him also for the effort of noting all my flaws. At least I am now aware of it and hoping that I will never commit the same mistakes on my second speech.

I want to extend my gratitude also for Ms. Jean Lim, Mr. Jef as our evaluator at the same time grammarian. I    appreciate also Ms. Carmen’s enthusiasm to watch our time; I have mine computation 7.56secs for my 4-7mins ice breaker speech. I could say, I regret for the lapsed of time I committed, 56secs is not okay hehe. And to Mr. Ralph, that who call me NELS last night, thank you for being our "Ah"counter, based on his recored I committed 8 Ahs, 2 Uhms, and 1 repeated words, it made me more aware next time. 
  
Mr.Jef Menguin

I really enjoyed the night, as I      experienced once again the exciting   and unique meeting with my TOPS TOASMASTERS FAMILY. Pleased joinme on my upcoming 9 speeches. I am so excited for the new techniques that I may learn from my fellow TOASMASTERS.

My respond to the tagline "It is my initiation and I cry if I need to.."
Well, for me I don't need to cry but instead I chose to be thankful, because
I indeed valued evaluation, and my evaluators as well, I learned from my mistakes with their help, I know I would be a better speaker someday.

This is AMBASSADOR MARINEL, at your service.:) God bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive